Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Keira's Second Month

Wow-that first month was a whirlwind!  Still kinda is... Kris goes back to work July 2. It has been soooooo helpful having him here with us!  I don’t want him to go back...he has to go on the night shift : (.  Keira started out this month still in her newborn clothes and is now beginning to enter into some of her 3 month clothes. She is growing so fast!
  
She had her 2nd doctor’s appointment and weighed 8 lbs. 2 ounces on June 9.  She seems to be gaining more weight because she feels heavier. It will be interesting to see how much she weighs on July 18th at her next appointment.  I am not looking forward to that appointment because she gets her shots : (.  

Some highlights from this month:

Daddy and I took you on your first boat ride on Clark Lake. We had to put you in a life jacket for infants and hide you from the hot sun.  So, we put you in a little zip up carrier.  You seemed to like the ride and fell sound asleep....

We took you up north to Houghton Lake and everyone enjoyed holding you.  Dad and I went into Traverse City for our anniversary and you stayed with Grammy Sue, Bepa and Aunt Staccie and the gang.

Your cousin Addy is always asking how Baby Keira is feeling--very sweet!  She brings you blankets and toys.

Big Bro Alek holds you and is excited for when you can talk and move around more!


Your favs right now are:
-Gumdrop Pacifiers...we can’t go anywhere without one!  I think you have every color!
-walks
-Bee play mat
-yellow musical giraffe
-pink stroller bug toy
-cloth bunny book
-you love to hold my finger and I love it too!
-your dad doesn't want to let you go...
-We think you are starting to smile a little....

Keira had her first holiday-4th of July!  Dad had to work : (.  But, I dressed you in a couple patriotic outfits!  A cute little romper with a crab on the butt and a very cute polka dot and striped dress, of course red, white and blue.  We went for a boat ride with Mema, Jaja and O to watch the fireworks.  You fell asleep--shocker! 

Here are some pics to highlight your second month:


Houghton Lake Trip with Big Bro Alek

Chillin' on Aunt Stac's towel

Bepa

Aunt Stac and your new bathing suit- Thanks Courtney!

Family Pic

Kiss from Big Brother Alek

Dad is tired after a long day of fishing

I am really starting to like my bee mat


Mema and you are twins in yellow!

Baby feet are the best!



Dad's first day back to work : (

4th of July walk

Looking very patriotic


Great Uncle Tom

Mema's magical chair!  You LOVE it and kick with your feet to make music!

2 month pics!


O loves you!


Clark Lake

Cousin Tommy!

Daddy's girl

Ballerina Baby

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth! Love your blog!!! I am so happy to be able to keep up with you and your family!!! Hope to see you soon.
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete