Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Helllllo 7 Months!

7 months (Dec. 9-Jan. 9)- I will post pics soon!

Helloooooo 7 months, and can we pleeeeease slow down!?!?  Let’s see...you had a Christmas photo shoot at Target. Super sweet pics of you in a red sweater dress from baby GAP. You also sat in a tub. I wanted this picture for our bathroom!  It turned out so CUTE!!  I think your dad thinks I am a huge dork, but trust me he will thank me some day for all of these pics.

Mommy is having a hard time at work and is just tired by the end of the day. I wish I could stay home with you--at least the first year or so, but the job market is so bad right now, I’d never get back into teaching. Once I get to work, I am so busy that the days fly by. I am also so excited to see you light up when I get home.  It was so nice to have Christmas break with you (2 weeks!) daddy had a week off and Alek was here for a week too. I go back to work Jan. 2nd and I think this will be SUPER hard for both of us, you are starting to want me to hold you a lot, and it has to be me.  I LOVE it!!  I feel so needed and like all of my hard work and sleepless nights are paying off : ).  

You celebrated Christmas this month and were spoiled by all the relatives and Santa!  Some highlights were a sled, scooter, rocking chair, lots of cool books, a doll, Cuuuuute outfits and PJ’s, ornaments with your name on them etc.  We were at The Warren household on Christmas Eve with Bepa and Grammy etc., Mema and Jaja’s on Christmas day, and The Drakes on the 27th with Grammy and Grandpa.  You were really burnt out by the 2nd Christmas and just wanted to be held. It was super cute because you started scooching to me and holding on to my leg to tell me to pick you up. You really started wanting me this month.  Addy and Lando had fun jabbering with you and you were super talkative.  Addy pulled you around in your new sled very carefully.  You were dressed up so beautiful in a cream lace dress from Mema on Christmas day.  You looked like a Christmas angel!  We went to mass at Jaja’s church.  You were very, very good!  We were all very impressed with your behavior! Of course, you loved looking all around and at Mema’s you crawled right over to your stocking. You got to spend some time with Aunt Cherraline, and she loved you!  You and Michael had a lot of fun playing with wrapping paper and you were mad when we were all eating prime rib.   Bepa and Grammy left for Florida, and they were sad to say good-bye to you.  We had a snowless Christmas and it was actually sunny and kinda nice out. Christmas was so much fun with you.  I loved watching you get excited about the wrapping paper and not so much the gifts, and I felt like I appreciated every little moment.  You have brought your dad and I so much JOY!  Can’t wait to spend many, many more Christmas seasons with you.  


Highlights from the month:
-I think you are over your lamb swing.
-You loooove to eat and have lots of cute rolls!
-Some of your favorite foods are: green beans, sweet potatoes, peaches, squash, apricot fruit medley, garden medley, and mommy’s homemade butternut squash is a hit.
-You still really like oatmeal.
-You aren’t so fond of the blueberry pear combo and the mango. Maybe too tart???
-You still pant when you are excited and you also started scrunching up your nose and sniffing at people-it is hilarious.
-You like to touch faces and mimic people.
-You love to jabber and can be really loud sometimes, especially at stores-LOL.
-You still love 5 Little Ladybugs and daddy knew you liked it so much and thought you needed 10 Little Ladybugs!  He loves to read you this book and has a funny voice that you seem to really like.
-You try to touch Wrigley’s paws and tail.
-You are scooching all over the place and you can move quick.
-You try to get lots of things you shouldn’t like cords, dog toys etc. have to keep a close eye on you.
-It is harder to get you dressed and changing your diaper can be a challenge. I find myself singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" a lot more to hold your attention and calm you down.
-You want to be held a lot more and sometimes I have to carry you around the house in the Ergo baby carrier so that I can get housework done.
-you still sleep with your pink bear lovie and tend to have two blankets that are your favs to cuddle with.
-It is getting harder to bathe you b/c you move so much.  You love your baths and showers. You like to play with your bath toys, especially the new Sophie bath toy and water book.
-You like toys that talk and light up like your ABC bear and singing dog.
-most of the time, you are a good traveler in the car.
-you are still taking a morning nap, afternoon nap and usually are in bed by 7. You sometimes wake up in the middle of the night still...sometimes not though : ).
-you love to hit things and make noise and get people to look
-you can grab your toes and stick them in your mouth-flexible!
-at the end of Dec. you were almost 20 lbs!!
-you’ve been a healthy little girl so far...knock on wood.
-you love to play in the laundry basket and think it is really funny!

-Looking forward to 8 months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment